My friend, Judi Kauffman, shares her talent with us to show a great idea for our new Message Board. I love her addition of cork so thumbtacks can be used to hold your notes and messages. Of course, my favorite part is that she added my name to the Board – guess I’ll get to keep this one!
- Walnut Hollow 10″ x 14″ Message Board 39785
- 9″ x 11″ piece of cork tile
- 5″ x 11″ Shimmer Sheetz in Basic Black (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
- Americana Acrylic Paint in Ebony Black (DecoArt)
- M-Bossabilities 2-sided embossing folder EL-008/Pattern A, Grand Calibur machine (Spellbinders Paper Arts)
- Black border line stickers #1016, Gold upper case alphabet stickers #1251(Elizabeth Craft Designs)
- Tim Holtz Adirondacks Alcohol Ink Pool and Metallic Mixatives Gold (Ranger Industries)
- Double-sided adhesive sheets, enough to cover back of cork and Shimmer Sheetz (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
- Other – Paint brush, ink applicator with felt pad, Quilters solid head extra large thumbtacks
1. Paint Walnut Hollow 10″ x 14″ message board with Ebony Black acrylic. Allow to dry. Add a second coat to edges and back if needed.
2. Emboss 7″ at one end of Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz, turn and emboss 2.75″ of the other end.
3. Alter Shimmer Sheetz with Pool and Gold, allowing some of the Basic Black surface to remain visible.
4. Cut a piece of cork tile to 9″ x 11″, back with double-sided adhesive sheet. Attach cork to square at right side of message board. Cut a piece of double-sided adhesive sheet to 5″ x 11″ for back of embossed/altered Shimmer Sheetz. Attach to left side of message board.
5. Spell out a name across the flat area of the Shimmer Sheetz. Add a piece of Black Glitter Border Line peel-off at top and bottom of the area where the name appears.
Select a different color palette (Shimmer Sheetz comes in 21 colors and three different surface coatings), acrylic paints are available in hundreds of hues.
Choose a different embossing folder.
Spell out the name of a sports team, an inspirational word, or use numerals to record a special date.
Alter thumbtacks with the colors used to alter Shimmer Sheetz.