By Judi Kauffman for Walnut Hollow
We are excited to be blog hopping with Quietfire Design all this week. We have so many creative projects to share with you using Quietfire Design high quality rubber stamps with Walnut Hollow Wood Surfaces and Tools.
We have a great prize to give away. Let us know what you think about our projects by leaving comments. We will choose a prize winner Monday, October 6. Leaving comments on all of the projects will increase your chance of winning! See where to go next at the end of my post!
Thanks for inviting me to be part of the Walnut Hollow/Quietfire Design Blog Hop! I made a Mixed Media Hinged Sign, a gift for a friend who loves flowers and butterflies and anything that’s shabby-chic. It’s very much a girly-girl project, that’s for sure.
The collage layers include pages from cast-off books. I stamped on paint-smudged newsprint to give the phrases the same vintage look as the background. And I altered the Black Flower Branch Peel-offs with Gold Metallic and Currant inks to create the feel of weathered metal.
I added Glitter Flowers for a bit of extra sparkle. Stop at Step 8 if you like a more muted effect.
1. Base coat exterior of Hinged Sign with Snow (Titanium) White. Mix Royal Purple and Traditional Raw Umber. Use this mix to distress the edges of the exterior of the Hinged Sign and to paint the interior.
2. Using white paint and a dry brush, paint over several pages from cast-off books, including some that have pictures of flowers. Allow text and images to show through.
3. Cut one piece of painted paper to fit the front of the sign. Glue it in place. Tear other pieces so they are about a half-inch larger than the stamps; glue the torn pieces in place.
5. Use the Ink Applicator Tool to apply Gold Metallic Mixatives to the sheet of Black Flower Branch Peel-offs, creating a mottled effect. Add Currant Alcohol Ink without cleaning the Applicator Tool. Peel-offs will take on the look of weathered metal.
6. Arrange Flower Branch Peel-offs, including some of the butterflies and dots. Refer to the photos for placement. Trim the Peel-offs at the sides of the Sign.
7. Use Power Tags to secure two “Trinkets” (Bloom and Butterflies).
8. If you like the Hinged Sign as it is, stop now.
9. For more sparkle add a Glitter Flower to each of the flowers on the Flower Branch Peel-offs! TIP: The sheet of Glitter Flowers has many styles and sizes. Use the two SMALLEST 5-petal flowers. They are the perfect fit for the flowers in the Flower Branch Peel-offs.
Walnut Hollow – Rustic Pallet Collection Hinged Sign 40255
Quietfire Design – Twirl & Enjoy Stamp Set 6393, Always Be My Friend Stamp Set 5615
Tombow – Power Adhesive Tabs, MONO Multi Liquid Glue
Elizabeth Craft Designs – 123 Flower Branch Peel-offs in Black, 7048 Glitter Flowers in Turquoise/Silver
DecoArt – Americana Acrylics in Royal Purple, Traditional Raw Umber, and Snow (Titanium) White
BoBunny – Isabella Collection Trinkets
Thanks for stopping by to see my Thankful Chargers and Trivets! Now go see what Yvonne and Robyn have created! http://quietfirecreations.blogspot.ca/