I used Small Basswood Country Rounds and the Creative Versa-Tool to create wood burned gifts for an enchanted wedding tablescape. These can be taken home by the guests. I chose words that represent the union of two people, and the future they’ll have together. We’re celebrating weddings this month at Walnut Hollow, but this tablescape could be used for any sort of celebration. This would be great for a fantasy birthday party.
- Small Basswood Country Rounds – Enough for each table setting
- Creative Versa-Tool
- Big pink eraser
To achieve the enchanted tablescape, I also used
- Gothic goblets
- Wood chargers
- Black clay plates
- Flat moss, sold in rolls
- Bamboo place mats, under the moss
- Cream gauze fabric
- Black candelabra with coordinating candles
- Dark fabric napkins – We didn’t have any that coordinated, but those are needed
1) With the pencil, write your words on one side of each Small Basswood Country Round. I chose Love, Cherish, Hope, Peace, Journey, and Beauty for my six rounds. I used cursive references from looking on the internet.
2) Using the tapered tip on the wood burning tool, follow the curves of the letters. Try to burn the lines evenly.
3) Use the big pink eraser to remove any pencil lines.
4) Set your table. Place a wood burned round on each plate, or around them as decoration. When the celebration is over, guests can take the rounds home.
Abby has been an artist and crafter since she was a young child. She has been sewing and creating for 30 years. She has a degree in Fashion Design. She started her blog, Crafty Lady Abby in 2009, as a way of documenting her creations and motivating herself. She creates tutorials to share her creative knowledge and empower others to be creative. She tracks fashion and craft trends, writing about international fashion weeks, rounding up projects, and creating her own.