Hey everyone, Katie here!
My Sister is getting married later this year, and I have been dubbed the “MADE of Honor” because I am making everything. So I have been brainstorming projects that I can make for her to use as decor in her Wedding. I love the Basswood Country Rounds that Walnut Hollow makes, so I really wanted to use one as a cookie plate. Since Walnut Hollow products has durable tools for wood burning, I decided to wood burn and paint this Basswood round!
- 1 Basswood Country Round Thick Straight Cut
- Creative Versa-Tool Woodburner
- White Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Start by deciding what design you want to do. I was inspired by Spanish folk art, and sketched out a few design ideas in my sketchbook.
2. Use a pencil to sketch your design onto the basswood country round.
3. Use the Creative Versa-Tool (I recommend setting it to the orange setting) to burn in your designs. I used the universal tip to wood burn in the floral designs and once I was done, I let it cool off and then I used pliers to unscrew the tip and switched to the flow tip to burn in little dots like confetti.
4. Use a small paint brush to fill in the floral designs with white acrylic paint.
Thank you for stopping by today! I am off to go work on more crafts and wedding decor!
What style of designs would you wood burn onto a cookie plate? What type of cookie would you bake to put on it?
Make sure you visit the Walnut Hollow online shop to see all the other pieces in the rustic pallet program.
Bio: Katie is a 23 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of artsy things.