Hey everyone, Katie here today! I am crazy about almost all things pumpkin. It’s my most favorite time of year, and I love pumpkin spice goodies! Which is why I had so much fun painting these wooden pumpkins, with this cheesy little phrase, “Happy Pumpkin Spice Season!”.
- Tall Pumpkin, Small
- Short Pumpkin, Small
- Short Pumpkin Large
- Acrylic Paints
- Paint Brushes
- Circle Sponge
- White Glue
- Green Craft Foam
- Hot Glue
Today I’m showing you how to make the “Pumpkin Spice” pumpkin, but the other 2 I created are also extremely simple!
- Start by painting your Short Large Pumpkin with a metallic orange paint. Let dry.
2. Next grab black acrylic paint and a smaller paint brush, and paint on the words “Happy Pumpkin Spice Season” on to the middle of the pumpkin. Let dry.
3. Use gold acrylic paint and brush on gold “starburst” lines radiating away from the words. Let dry.
4. Cut out pumpkin leaves from green craft foam, Mine are about 3″ long. Use hot glue to adhere 1 or two leaves to each pumpkin.
To make the other 2 pumpkins:
- For the glitter pumpkin: Start by painting the base color of the pumpkin with gold. Once dry, Brush white glue on to the pumpkin in scallop shapes. While it is still wet sprinkle chunky gold glitter on top, let dry. Glue on leaf.
- For the polka dot pumpkin: Paint the base coat copper, let dry. Use a circle sponge to dab gold acrylic paint circles on to the front of the pumpkin, let dry. Glue on leaf.
These were so much fun to make, I love Fall crafts! The wood cut pumpkin shapes are really great to paint and use as decorations for the upcoming holidays!
Do you love pumpkin spice? Would you put these on your porch? You can find these pumpkins + more Autumn wood products in the Walnut Hollow store, here.
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of artsy things.