Hey everyone, Katie here! New Years is sneaking up fast and one of my goals is to organize my laundry room, which is always a mess! I’m started by creating this fun little clothesline for lost socks!
I have been seeing Scandinavian patterns popping up a lot lately and I love them, so I wanted to incorporate that style into my laundry room/this sign in the new year.
- 1 Small Rustic Innkeeper Board
- Picture Hanger
- White and Black Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Letter Stencils
- Scrapbook Paper
- Decoupage Medium
1. Start by painting your innkeeper board. I love the curved ends of these boards. I painted mine white with black edges.
2. Cut little sock shapes from your patterned scrapbook paper. I used papers with patterns that felt Scandinavian to me.
3. Adhere your socks to your sign board. I clustered mine off to the sign, like a little sock pile.
4. Use letter stencils to stencil your saying onto the sign, fill in with paint.
5. Hammer in a nail in each of the bottom corners, and tie a piece of twine between the two.
Now just hang the sign up on your laundry wall and clip on any single socks you find! My dryer is always eating my socks, so I am so glad to have finally found a solution to lost socks!
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of artsy things.