Hey everyone, Katie here! Have you heard of Hygge yet? It’s a Danish word, and basically means “cozy”. Another explanation is that it is a feeling or mood that comes taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary, every day moments more meaningful, beautiful or special. And the idea is becoming more and more trendy as both a lifestyle and a sort of minimalist/cozy style.
I wanted to make my studio space a bit more cozy, I have string lights up, and candles and I thought I’d make a fun sign for the wall as well.
- 1 Large Natural Bark Edge Panel
- Creative Woodburner® Value Tool
- Flow Point
- Transfer Paper
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Start by printing off your quote (or the alphabet) onto printer paper, so you can use these as stencils. Place your letters over the transfer paper and use a pencil to trace the letters. I wrote out “More Art, More Tea, More Cozy”.
2. Use a flow point to wood burn the letters into the Natural Bark Edge Panel.
3. Use a small paint brush and acrylic paint to fill in the wood burned letters, being careful as you paint along the wood burned designs. If you get paint in them, use a paper towel to wipe it off while it’s still wet.
4. I finished off the sign with a few of my favorite things painted onto the right side of the wood panel. I used a small selection of acrylic paints to keep it minimal and styled.
I think it could also be fun to make some smaller signs that say things like “more hygge” or “more love” on wood rounds. Have you seen the new Birch Rounds that Walnut Hollow has come out with? I’m in love with them.
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of crafty things.