- Birch Coasters
- Birch Value Bag
- Doodle It Tornado Flowers Stencil
- Ferns 6 Stencil
- Butterfly Journeys Stencil
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Wood Glue
- Embroidery Hoop
- I started by stenciling acrylic paint fern fronds onto half of the birch coasters, and stenciled butterflies onto the other half of the birch coasters.
2. To add a bit of visual texture to my stenciled designs, I layered the Doodle It Tornado Flowers Stencil over top of the Butterfly Journeys Stencil and used a lighter shade of acrylic paint to filly the butterfly in with the second stencil pattern.
3. I used a pencil eraser to “stamp” white acrylic paint circles around the edges of the birch coasters, and also stenciled tiny butterflies onto the smaller birch rounds and let them all dry.
4. I laid the birch rounds out into a circular shape, and adhered the smaller birch rounds onto the top to connect the rounds together, and let the adhesive dry.
5. I wanted to give the wreath a little more support, so I adhered a wooden embroidery hoop onto the back of the wreath and let that dry.
This was my first project using the new Birch products that Walnut Hollow has, and guys, I love them! They have a really nice feel to them.
Thanks for stopping by!
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of crafty things.