This whimsical wooden treat stand is perfect for a Summer tea party! I used just a little bit of acrylic paint to turn some of the new Birch Pillars and some Scalloped Trivets to create a stand that looks like the Mushrooms from Mario and is perfect for holding baked treats!
- 1 Medium Scalloped Trivet
- 1 Small Scalloped Trivet
- 2 3″ Birch Pillars
- 1 7″ Birch Pillar
- Wood Glue
- Acrylic Paint
- Circle Masks (I used some by Hazel & Ruby)
- 1″ Paint Brush
- Start by painting the trivets a nice white color with acrylic paint, let dry completely so that the white paint doesn’t mix into the red.
2. Place your circle masks onto the trivet and paint over top with red acrylic paint. I did 2 coats of red to remove any paint streaks. Once dry, remove the masks so that the white circles show through.
3. Stack your trivets with the birch pillars. I used 2 of the 3″ pillars beneath the bottom trivet and 1 7″ pillar between the trivets. Secure them with a bit of wood glue and let dry overnight.
You can also give the stand a good coat of a food safe sealer to finish it off.
I’m so in love with the new birch pillars and rounds that Walnut Hollow has launched. You can view them all here.
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of crafty things.