Hey Y’all, it’s Katie here! This past month here on the Walnut Hollow blog we have all been sharing Emoji inspired projects and I think they’re so much fun.
Today I wanted to show you how I turned a few of my favorite emojis (I love that eye roll emoji!) into key chains using the new Birch Tags!
- Birch Tag, 4 Pack
- Acrylic Paints
- Black Permanent Marker
- 1/4″ Silk Ribbon
- Split Ring Key Chains
1.You’ll want to start out with choosing a few birch tags to use. I tried to choose some that were fairly circular, and the height of the tags will vary, so I also chose a few that were on the thinner side. I love the bark around the edges.
2. Next, Drill a small hole through the top of each one.
3. Paint your birch tags with yellow acrylic paint. I used paints by DecoArt: School Bus around the outer edges and then Canary in the middle, blending them together with a paintbrush.
4. Sketch you emoji faces onto the birch tags using a pencil. I printed out the emojis I wanted to use, so that I could look at them as a reference!
5. Use a small paint brush and acrylic paints to paint on the emoji faces.
6. Outline the emoji face with a black permanent marker. Loop a ribbon through the hole you drilled in the birch tag and tie it to the split ring to create a key chain!
These would be a perfect back to school gift, I think! What emoji would you paint?
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of crafty things.