“Sky’s the Limit”
Designed by Tatiana Allen for Walnut Hollow®
A new Designer emerging into the Craft Industry, Tatiana has created artwork on Walnut Hollow’s new Vintage Plaque. Tatiana wants to uplift and encourage others, creating art based on the words that can accomplish this. Her “Sky’s the limit” does just that!
You will find a link to a step-by-step tutorial on how to make clay banners using our Clay Embossing Set below the instructions.
- Walnut Hollow: Vintage Plaque #39813, Clay Text Embossing Set #29821
- Plaid: Cloudless,Wicker White, Cayman Blue, Papaya
- Fimo Classic: Gold Yellow
- Fimo Soft: Sahara
- Amaco: Poly Clay Blade
- Wilton: Birthday Lollipop Mold
- Bazzill: 25mm Heart Brad
- Inkadinkado: Heirloom Type Cling
- Deco Art: Lamp Black
- Golden: Heavy Gel (Matte)
- Ideology by Tim Holtz: Adornments (Wings)
- StazOn: Jet Black
- Rolling pin or pasta machine
- 1” triangle cookie cutter
- 26 gauge wire and 6 screws
- Wipe plaque down with a lightly moistened paper towel.
- Create a sky background on the Plaque by dry brushing Cloudless and White.
- Paint the border, edges and a little of top of the background with Cayman Blue.
- While paint is drying, knead Gold Yellow clay in hands until it is warm and pliable.
- Take the clay and press into the mold until it has taken on the form of the balloon.
- Remove any excess clay protruding from the mold with the Clay Blade.
- Gently remove clay from mold with fingers tips and place on a craft mat.
- Create lines in your balloon by pressing Blade into clay in a rocking motion.
- Paint every other stripe with Papaya paint.
- Open up Heart Brad and press into center of the balloon, set aside.
- Using Sahara clay, knead it until it is pliable.
- Roll clay with rolling pin to 2mm thickness or through pasta machine on setting #3.
- Place the rolled out strip of clay onto a baking sheet.
- Press cookie cutter into clay and cut out 15 individual triangles from it.
- Use Embossing Set to stamp the letters “SPREAD YOUR WINGS” into triangles.
- Poke holes into the top right and top left corner of each triangle.
- Heat all your clay pieces in a craft oven at 230* F for 30 minutes and remove.
- Once all your pieces have cooled, paint the letters with Lamp Black paint.
- Cut 3, 12” pieces of wire and use them to string banner letters together.
- Add 3 screws to both sides of the Plaque and wind wire ends around them.
- Apply Gel Medium to backside of Balloon and Wing Charms and affix to Plaque.
- Ink your letters with StazOn and stamp “Sky’s the limit, AND FLY” to Plaque.
Here is a link for the tutorial for how to make clay banners like the ones Tatiana used in this project: