Hey everyone, Katie here! This month here at Walnut Hollow we’ve been sharing gift giving ideas with you, and today I have got a fun project idea to give to any couples in your life! My Sister just got married, so I really wanted to create a personalized wedding gift for her & her Husband and when I saw the new Rustic Bread Boards I knew they would work great for what I wanted.
I wanted a more modern look than rustic though, so I decided to try out some of DecoArt’s new color stains, which are water based and non-toxic.
- Rustic Bread Boards
- Color Stain ( I used Dark Jade)
- Foam Brush
- Creative Versa-Tool Wood Burning Tool
- Mini HotStamps Alphabet Set, Lowercase
- HotStamps Numbers & Symbol Set
- Pencil, Eraser
- Ribbon (I used some of the Gypsy Variegated Silk Ribbon by May Arts)
1. Start by staining the rustic bread boards. Following the instructions of the stain, you want to apply it with a foam brush going in the direct of the woodgrain and wipe off any excess.
2. Once your boards are stained and dried, it’s time to wood burn!
I used a ruler to mark out a line 1/2″ up from the bottom to line the numbers up on, as well as finding the center of the board.
If you know the wedding/anniversary date of the gifts recipient, it’s great to burn that on, if not just their names are great too!
It is important to let the wood burning tool cool down between changing each tip.
For the smaller rustic bread board I burned on a heart shape, filling it with stripes.
You could use these for any holiday weddings to go to soon, or just as a special anniversary gift for a friend!
Bio: Katie is a 24 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of artsy things.
Before you go, stop on over to walnuthollow.com to shop their Black Friday sale! You definitely don’t want to miss out on 40% off of EVERYTHING!