There is really no place like home. You can easily wood burn a picture of your home onto this fun wood burned Home Sweet Home key hanger to display in your home. Or, use a place that’s special to you … Continue reading
One of my favorite additions to the Walnut Hollow collection is the Bark Edge Letter Board. The new letter board comes with a set of letters that fit in the pre-routed lines perfectly so you can create fun messages on … Continue reading
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the new growth when everything is waking up again after winter. Growing things makes me happy, and if you’re the same way, I think you’ll enjoy this fun … Continue reading
I love to combine beautiful wood textures with other media! Wood and leather go particularly well together I think. Varying thin leather straps woven through the slats of a Walnut Hollow Mini Crate creates a fun texture combination. You can … Continue reading
Wood burned art is so beautiful. Often a wood burned piece of art needs no other additions to be gorgeous. But sometimes you may find that you want to add some color to your wood burned design. A little pop … Continue reading
I have focused a lot this year on downsizing in many areas of my life. One of my favorite ways to downsize and declutter is to keep things that are multi-functional. That includes seasonal decorations. I love that these beautiful … Continue reading
In this article: We are featuring 15 of the coolest DIY wood signs and tips to help you make your own sign.
One of the easiest ways to make your house feel like a home is to add handmade touches such as DIY wood signs.
It can be overwhelming if you’ve never made one before, so we are sharing some easy tips to help you get started.
How To Make A DIY Wood Sign
Step 1. Choose Your Wood Style
The first thing you need to decide, is what kind of sign do you want to make for your home.
There are so many to choose from and it all depends on your preference.
Here are some examples of DIY framed signs:
- Simple DIY Wood Sign – Salvaged Living
- Rustic Pallet Love Sign – Centsible Chateau
- Simple Pallet Photo Display – Lovely, etc.
- Simple Wood Sign – Home Made Lovely
- Farmhouse Style Sign – Our Crafty Mom
Step 2. Choose Your Quote
Once you choose the type of sign that you want to make, next up is choosing your quote. Pinterest will be your best friend for this!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board which has hundreds of inspirational words and messages. You can find the board here.
You may also find inspiration from these beautiful DIY wood signs:
- Be Brave DIY Wood Pennant – Lemon Thistle
- Abstract Art Wood Sign – Kiley In Kentucky
- There’s No Place Like Home – DIY Show Off
- Home Sweet Home Sign – One Mile Home Style
- Hand Lettered Wood Sign Tutorial – Printable Crush
Step 3. Paint or Stain
Now that you have the type of sign that you want and know what quote you are placing on it, it is time to paint or stain the frame.
You can check out this article, which has some helpful tips for making wood signs.
These creative wood signs will also help you determine what finish you want to go with. See what inspires you and go for it!
You may end up making one for every room in your home!
- Farmhouse Style Welcome Sign – Walnut Hollow
- Wood Slice Sign – Instagram
- Floral Deer Head Pallet Art – Lolly Jane
- Wood Burning Tips – A Turtle’s Life For Me
- Paint Poured Welcome Sign – Walnut Hollow Crafts
We hope you found this article helpful. For over forty years, Walnut Hollow has been dedicated to bringing you the absolute best in fine wood surfaces.
You can check out our selection of wood surfaces here.
Save this by PINNING the below image:
Spread joy in a fun way with some little Walnut Hollow Birch Tag wood rounds! Add fun and uplifting messages to small Birch Tags with the Creative Woodburner and paint, then leave the rounds in places where they can be … Continue reading
Today we are featuring 25 EASY wood burning projects that you are sure to love. Have you been wanting to try out wood burning but felt intimidated, or weren’t quite sure what to make? Well, we’ve gathered 25 easy wood … Continue reading
Looking to get your craft room organized? Check out these 20 Creative Organizing Ideas that will motivate you to make it happen!
Like so many of you, organization is at the top of the list this year and what better place to start than the craft room? Staying organized in a craft room is not easy. There are usually so many different mediums that a crafter works with, so it can get messy very fast. One thing we’ve learned through the years is having the right storage is crucial for staying organized and inspired to create.
Walnut Hollow has so many cool and useful organizing items, so today we’ve rounded up 20 of the most amazing ideas that you can use in your craft room or home office. Let’s start with craft paint organizing.
Craft Paint Organizing Ideas
- Mini Crate Craft Paint Storage – Craft Shack Chronicles
- Tee-Pee Craft Paint Storage – Crafts By Courtney
- DIY Crafters Carousel To Organize Craft Supplies – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- DIY Crafters Crate – Walnut Hollow Crafts
Craft Room Storage Ideas
Make a gorgeous faux apothecary cabinet with card keepers. Or how about using rustic ledge organizers for a fun and trendy storage option? We love the idea of using a wood tool caddy to hold markers or as a kid’s craft caddy!
- Faux Apothecary Cabinet With Card Keeper Boxes – Walnut Hollow
- DIY Vintage Pallet Tray – Vintage, Paint and More
- Wood Crate Craft Storage – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Rustic Wood Ledge Shelf Organizer – Walnut Hollow Crafts
Desktop Craft Storage Ideas
Keeping your desktop organized and clear of clutter is crucial to being productive. Why not make the storage pretty to look at? These organizing ideas will keep your desk tidy and pretty!
- Rustic Wood Ledge Organizer – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Painted Card Keeper Box – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- DIY Charging Station – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Painted Storage Craft Box – DIY Showoff
Organizing Ideas For Your Craft Room
Put everthing in it’s place from ink pads to markers using mini wood crates. Go vertical by stacking the crates to cteate extra storage without taking up table and desk space. Check out these creative ideas:
- Organizing Craft Supplies With Mini Crates – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Upcycled Bread Pan Mail Sorter – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Vertical Storage Bins _ Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Walnut Hollow Travelers Notebook Planning Shelf – Tombow USA
Wood Burned Craft Room Ideas
Put your creativity to use and add personal touches to your craft room storage using Walnut Hollow’s Creative Wood Burner Tool.
- Wood Burned Pantry Storage – The Inspired Hive
- Decorate Your Home For Every Occasion – The Southern Couture
- Bark Edge Tablet Stand – Walnut Hollow Crafts
- Rustic Letter Holder – Walnut Hollow Crafts
What’s the most challenging thing for you to organize? Tell us in the comments!