Hey everyone, Katie here today! I am crazy about almost all things pumpkin. It’s my most favorite time of year, and I love pumpkin spice goodies! Which is why I had so much fun painting these wooden pumpkins, with this … Continue reading
Fall is the crafting season. The colors, the textures, and all the celebrations beg us to create. Yet, our full calendars make it hard to find the time to work on projects. The school year is in full swing, there … Continue reading
Farmhouse style signs seem to be everywhere lately. So I figured it was about time for me to make one for my dining area. I had an empty space right above the window just the right size for this rustic … Continue reading
This time of year is probably my favorite. Just before the holiday season starts, when the air is cool and crisp and the leaves are just about to start changing! I love to pull out the fall decorations. I’ve got … Continue reading
Hi friends! Dana Tatar here today sharing a fast Fall decor project. I quickly altered one box and one plaque to create a decoration that I can use for several months. A simple swap of the box contents, and an … Continue reading
Hey everyone, Katie here! It is September, and while the first official day of Autumn is still a couple of weeks away, I always start crafting fun fall crafts and baking pumpkin goodies long before then. I just finished decorating … Continue reading
My holiday decorating usually starts with the front door. I love to welcome visitors to my home with a handcrafted piece of decor. I don’t just make wreaths…I like to change things up a bit! This fall I’m added a … Continue reading
I love everything farmhouse style and wanted to create my own personalized farmhouse clock. With just a few supplies, I was able to create a gorgeous farmhouse style clock for my home. The HotStamps make this project super simple and … Continue reading
Hey everyone, Katie here!
Since we are featuring clocks here on the Walnut Hollow blog this month, I had to make a clock using Walnut Hollows new Hexagon Wall Decor as a gift for my Mom! My Mom is a quilter and loves making little sewn hexagons and I knew this would go perfect in her sewing studio!
- 1 Small Hexagon Wall Decor
- Creative Versa Tool Wood Burner
- Stamping Tips
- Universal Point
- Acrylic Paints
- #1/2″ Paint Brush
- Paper Hexagon
- Sawtooth Picture Framer Hanger
- 1/4″ Clock Movement
- Use a hexagon template and pencil to trace a hexagon pattern onto the backside (now the front side for this project!) of the Hexagon Box.
2. Use the Creative Versa Tool with the Universal Point to burn the hexagon pattern into the wood. I love the versa tool for wood burning, combined with the universal tip I get nice clean lines without much effort.
3. Use acrylic paint to color in the hexagons. Use whatever color scheme you’re loving/matches your decor the best. I used 4 different colors and left a few hexies the unpainted solid wood.
4. Once you have all of the hexagons colored in, paint on numbers for the clock face, outline them with black to make them stand out.
5. Use stamping tips (they come with the Creative Versa Tool!) to add pattern to the different hexagon shapes. I like this because it almost makes the different hexagons look like fabrics.
6. Drill a small hole in the center of your hexagon to place your clock movement through and follow the instructions on the movement packaging on how to install the hands.
(At this point I also decided to paint the frame around the hexagon.)
Hang and enjoy! I love that this clock is so much more unique than your normal old store bought clocks!
Have you seen Walnut Hollow’s latest products? They have the Hexagon Wall Decor but they also have Hexagon Trays!!
Bio: Katie is a 23 yr old artist currently living in the Pacific Northwest. She is a lover of everything crafty and is the girl behind the blog Punk Projects, where she posts scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, tutorials and all sorts of artsy things.
Working and communicating with people globally is the way of life. We are required to accommodate different time zones on a daily basis. Either your work schedule or most of us have family members who live around the world, there … Continue reading