In this article: We are featuring 15 of the coolest DIY wood signs and tips to help you make your own sign.
One of the easiest ways to make your house feel like a home is to add handmade touches such as DIY wood signs.
It can be overwhelming if you’ve never made one before, so we are sharing some easy tips to help you get started.
How To Make A DIY Wood Sign
Step 1. Choose Your Wood Style
The first thing you need to decide, is what kind of sign do you want to make for your home.
There are so many to choose from and it all depends on your preference.
Here are some examples of DIY framed signs:
- Simple DIY Wood Sign – Salvaged Living
- Rustic Pallet Love Sign – Centsible Chateau
- Simple Pallet Photo Display – Lovely, etc.
- Simple Wood Sign – Home Made Lovely
- Farmhouse Style Sign – Our Crafty Mom
Step 2. Choose Your Quote
Once you choose the type of sign that you want to make, next up is choosing your quote. Pinterest will be your best friend for this!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board which has hundreds of inspirational words and messages. You can find the board here.
You may also find inspiration from these beautiful DIY wood signs:
- Be Brave DIY Wood Pennant – Lemon Thistle
- Abstract Art Wood Sign – Kiley In Kentucky
- There’s No Place Like Home – DIY Show Off
- Home Sweet Home Sign – One Mile Home Style
- Hand Lettered Wood Sign Tutorial – Printable Crush
Step 3. Paint or Stain
Now that you have the type of sign that you want and know what quote you are placing on it, it is time to paint or stain the frame.
You can check out this article, which has some helpful tips for making wood signs.
These creative wood signs will also help you determine what finish you want to go with. See what inspires you and go for it!
You may end up making one for every room in your home!
- Farmhouse Style Welcome Sign – Walnut Hollow
- Wood Slice Sign – Instagram
- Floral Deer Head Pallet Art – Lolly Jane
- Wood Burning Tips – A Turtle’s Life For Me
- Paint Poured Welcome Sign – Walnut Hollow Crafts
We hope you found this article helpful. For over forty years, Walnut Hollow has been dedicated to bringing you the absolute best in fine wood surfaces.
You can check out our selection of wood surfaces here.
Save this by PINNING the below image: